Thursday 15 August 2013

MUA Eyeshadows



   MUA , or Make Up Academy is a budget makeup brand that has the thrived in the past few years due to its amazing quality for the price. I've watched countless reviews and hauls with this brand and so I thought I would do my own review on my collection of eye shadows and palettes. I have quite a few products from this brand because it's affordable. I have 6 palettes and 5 single eye shadows , but I didn't photograph the 'undressed' palette because it's so battered that it wouldn't do it justice! 

I will link their website below :)

However the 'Undressed' palette is definitely my favourite because the colours are neutral and warm , making them really wearable for everyday. I don't own any of the Urban Decay 'Naked' palettes (yet) , but I heard that the colours are fairly similar. I think I paid £4 for this palette and it was worth every penny because I use is all the time and the colours stay on all day. 


Next palette I own is the 'Heaven and Earth' palette which is fairly similar to the 'Undressed' palette, but has more earthy tones. Normally on the back of the palettes it gives the shade number of each eyeshadow, but this one doesn't. I like the way you can see each shade without opening the packaging because it is made of a clear plastic.



Heaven and Earth

The 'Dusk till Dawn' palette is another one that has no description of its colours on the back, however the shades make up for it because they are so gorgeous. I love the bottom right charcoal black shade with flecks of glitter in it, it really adds to a smokey eye look.


Dusk till Dawn
 







The 'Immaculate Collection' is the largest palette in the MUA collection so far as it has 24 shades for £8. The variety of shades you get is really mixed and they don't seem to go in any particular order arranged in the palette either. I love the way there are matte and pearl colours and the white could come in handy for highlighting the inner corner of the eye (to make you seem awake) or highlight the brow bone. This palette I got when I spent over £10 for free , otherwise I wouldn't have possibly bought it because I don't normally have the confidence to go for a bold colour on my eyes except for my safe neutrals. But for the price and quality I would recommend it to anyone who likes to wear more vibrant colours. 
























I also got the 'Artiste Collection' from another online purchase deal for free. Again I have not really used it much either but I like the set up and size of the colours and you also get 2 blushes , bronzer and a highlighter, making it handy to take away travelling. 





Lastly of the palettes is 'Going for Gold'. This came out about the time of the 2012 London Olympics and I bought it because having blue eyes I thought I would wear the majority of the shades (which I haven't) but I love the colours and going out these shades would look great for a smokey look. 





Now on to single shades for £1, they are by far unbeatable for their value for money and you get 2 grams of product. I swatched these 5 colours on my hand and the shade numbers from left to right are ; 5 which is a pearl finish, 18 matt, 4 pearl, 30 pearl and 22 pearl. I think they are good quality , they do not crease easily and are very pigmented. The only one I'm not as keen on is shade 18, the matt purple because it can be slightly chalky. Otherwise these are amazing shades and will last you for a long time. 



















Thanks for reading 

 x 

What do you think of MUA?


Pro's- Amazing quality for price
        - Stay on well with a smooth texture
        - Wide range of colours 

Con's- Hinges can break and the palette doesn't close
         - Front design on palette scrapes off  

No comments:

Post a Comment